Monday, June 15, 2015

Cooking Show: College Cuisine!!

We filmed another episode of the cooking show a few days ago.

I was cheerfully assisted by two college students, Becky and Natalie.  They are friends of my daughter, Erin, and they enthusiastically helped me prepare a few dishes that we felt would be a hit with the college crowd.

My dining room was packed to capacity with more college friends, and when we finished filming the show, everything you see in this picture was happily devoured.

I wish I that I had taken a photo when they were through.

We started with Chunky Guacamole.  Becky and I both agreed that we like our guacamole with chunks of avocado.  If you prefer your avocados smooth, however, go ahead and mash 'em up.

Here's the link for the printable recipe.


Click here for the printable.



(Chipotle Knockoff) Steak Burritos, with cilantro-lime rice, black beans, pico de gallo and all the other necessary accompaniments (sour cream, Monterey jack cheese, avocados).


 I made a double-batch and crossed my fingers that it was enough. (It was.  Phew.)


I don't yet have a blogpost written with step-by-step photos, but you can click here for the printable recipe.


And finally, No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake.  I think everyone was surprised by how quick and easy this was to prepare.



And maybe not so surprised by how quickly and easily this disappeared.  Here is the printable recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think!